Everyday Changes

I love this child's dimples:

This is a good picture because it illustrates Everett's greatest loves (aside from mama--he's quite the mama's boy, and Levi is obsessed with his dad), his bear and his paci:

Levi loves to hide in small places and peak around to find who's looking. Of course we can also find him here when he's doing his business.


This is totally Levi with his little hand on his hip!

I know all of their development is normal and expected, but every change and milestone is so exciting! Just a few from this month I'll try to recall:
  • Getting better all the time at putting together wooden puzzles and shape sorters
  • Lots of volume and words, although I can't crack their code
  • Pointing at anything and everything, particularly Levi, who will say "shh" and point if he wants anything or just wants you to notice anything
  • On a similar note, when Levi has something he knows he shouldn't, he'll hold it out and walk straight towards me, saying "shh...shh," like "Is this ok? 'Cause I'm pretty happy right now." Both boys will hand it over if I say "That's mama's," although Everett usually ends up screaming on the floor.
  • Both boys will find their bears (and pacifier for Everett) if you tell them it's time to sleep and to go get it. They'll also find certain toys we identify ("Go get the car" or "Go get the remote." Granted, the last one's not a toy, but you can see the benefit of teaching this skill.).
  • They figured out how to shake an abandoned puffs container and dislodge the lid! (Is this a milestone?) While I was cooking dinner one night I heard a ruckus and came upon a sea of puffs. It ended up being a blessing in disguise because we played in them for about 30 minutes and then the dogs did all the cleanup!
  • Everett can dunk on command! This child loves to put every ball and toy through the net.
I finally caved and fed the boys spaghetti one night. I hate the mess foods like this make so I avoid them, but it was bath night. (Thanks to my friend Monica who gave us these awesome bibs!)


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Amen about the spaghetti...I still feed it to Lucy to avoid some mess. I love those bibs!

Christine Wood said...

I know you would appreciate this. The puffs photo reminded me of it. I have a photo of Cheerios all over the floor. Sean is eating them off the floor and right next to him is Kahless getting what he can, too. :)