August

The week of August 29th Hayden started sitting on his own, and the next day I noticed he got his first tooth! I don't know why that's so exciting, but it's just a shock I guess--I can't say I have a newborn anymore. Hayden is still super happy and seeminly very mellow. I started him on cereal once he turned 6 months, and he took to it right away. By the time he was 7 months he was on 3 meals a day. I can't remember how I dragged that transition out with the twins, but it's just easier to feed them all at the same time. On that note, we did invest in a third highchair (thanks again, Craigslist).

The twins have really started talking now, too. Especially Everett, though I think sometimes Levi's hesitation looks like shyness. It's so cute to watch them ask me questions or talk to each other even though it's totally indecipherable. I mean, I get "where go?" and things like that, but they are seriously trying to tell us something that we aren't getting. I do a lot of nodding and agreeing. When asked who the other twin is, each will say the other's name: "Ewett" from Levi, and "Ewi" from Everett. They both say the baby's name, though I think Ev says something like "Dayden." My favorites to remember: Levi makes a lot of "Sha shi shu" statements, and Everett is so particular about his language that instead of saying "duck," he says "du...K." That last "ck" sound comes a couple beats late and is unmistakeable. Priceless. Same with "truck," and similar to "tur...TLE." (Man, this is a paragraph only a mother could love.) The baby cracks up at the boys, and Levi is especially happy to have an audience in Hayden.








We loved our quick visit from the Lamppas. We wanted to keep Eli and Bryn as our nannies. (Drew pictured in pink :)




No comments: